The Red Pen is an independent education consulting company, helping applicants plan their education at the school, university or postgraduate levels. We also assist high schools to develop a student-focused, scalable university counselling infrastructure.
We currently have approximately 100+ team members, located around the world. Most of our team members have lived, worked and/or studied outside India. Currently, we are working from home.
As The Red Pen continues to grow its MBA service and client base across India and around the world, we are seeking a Lead Consultant to join our MBA Admissions Team. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in developing a career or building your skills in the education sector. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and project management skills in order to advise our MBA applicants.
- Undertaking all relevant and reasonable activity required to assist an applicant as they prepare for the application process for college abroad including:
- Understanding an applicant’s unique background
- Creating and maintaining appropriate timelines
- Conducting online research and suggesting best-fit universities based on the applicant’s strengths and goals
- Counselling and advising applicants on college choices, education goals and MBA programmes
- Brainstorming topics for essays, interviews and other application components
- Assisting with resume preparation
- Coordinating essay drafts (in consultation with the Content Specialist) to assess the relevance of content, expression and grammar
- Providing constructive verbal and written feedback and in-line suggestions
- Reviewing all written application materials, including but not limited to essays, application forms and resumes to ensure consistency
- Proofreading all the components of each application to ensure effective presentation and grammatical soundness
- Conducting basic interview preparation if required
- Motivating and supporting applicants through a demanding, prolonged application process
- Communicating continuously with the core MBA services team on each applicant’s progress
- A degree in management from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 university
- 3-5 years of experience and interest in journalism, English, public relations, marketing and/or communication or a similar humanities discipline
- Fluent in written and spoken English skills; writing, editing and storytelling
- A responsive and engaged work-style, including the ability to respond to client correspondence within 24 hours
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours during peak season – typically August through January
- Experience of working on applications or personal experience of applying to the MBA colleges would be an added advantage
- An understanding of different application processes in different countries
- A desire to research and learn about different college options around the world
- Adaptable to different students’ needs, personalities, motivation levels, and writing abilities
- An empathic soul with a strong ability to listen and counsel
- A team player, willing to get their hands dirty in helping us enable students to achieve their goals
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment with rapid growth potential
- Outstanding organisational abilities with a keen eye for detail
- Maturity, polish and professionalism
- Able to work under pressure and challenging deadlines
- Adaptability and flexibility along with a willingness to embrace change
- Proven comfort with cloud-based software and other technological tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Internet)
- A smartphone with data connectivity and laptop with updated operating systems, productivity software and anti-virus tools
- WordPress and SEO knowledge is not compulsory, but would be a plus
The Red Pen offers competitive remuneration, rapid learning and growth and significant and varied responsibility to exceptionally driven and motivated candidates. We provide an intellectually stimulating and empowering work environment and place a high emphasis on being an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume at email@example.com if you are interested in being considered for the position.
Know someone who would be perfect for this job?
Share this with your network.