This is a great opportunity if you are interested in developing a career or building your skills in the education sector. The Red Pen is looking for a candidate who has strong writing and communication skills and can thrive in a fast-paced work environment. The Content Specialist will work with the Marketing team to create content for the website, blog, video and other activities. This is a full-time position, but we are open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
The Red Pen is an independent education consulting company, helping applicants plan their education at the school, university or postgraduate levels. We also assist high schools to develop a student-focused, scalable university counselling infrastructure.
We currently have approximately 100+ team members, located around the world. Most of our team members have lived, worked and/or studied outside India.
- Researching on various topics to write blogs and other SEO-optimised content
- Proofreading content, including, but not limited to, structural edits, team comments and margin and in-line edits
- Collaborating with consultants to understand unique insights into the education sector
- Working with applicants on their scripts for video testimonials
- Creating original content for digital and social media channels as and when required
- A writing-intensive degree (for example, in humanities or a social science discipline) from a globally recognized university, preferably in the US, Canada or the UK
- Outstanding organisational abilities with an eye for detail
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours during peak season – typically August through January
- A team player, who is willing to wear various hats and is looking for a start-up environment with a high growth curve
- A responsive and engaged work-style, including the ability to respond to client correspondence within 24 hours
- Maturity, polish and professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and communication skills
- Proven comfort with cloud-based software and other technological tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Internet)
- A smartphone with data connectivity and laptop with updated operating systems, productivity software and anti-virus tools
The Red Pen offers competitive remuneration, rapid learning and growth and significant and varied responsibility to exceptionally driven and motivated candidates. We provide an intellectually stimulating and empowering work environment and place a high emphasis on being an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in being considered for the position.
Know someone who would be perfect for the job?
Share this with your network.