About The Red Pen
The Red Pen (TRP) partners with applicants (‘you’ or ‘student’ or ‘guardian’ or ‘client’ or ‘candidates’) who aspire to pursue education or higher studies around the world. Our globally experienced team offers custom-tailored solutions to help candidates stand out in the competitive admissions process. To enable us to better deliver our services, it is important that all parties understand, agree and adhere to certain operating parameters and guidelines as outlined below.
The applicant/client understands that TRP is an independent organisation providing education advisory services and is not affiliated with any educational institution and does not guarantee admission to any such institution. Accordingly, TRP will not be liable if an applicant is unable to secure admission to any specific educational institution or at all.
Services & Fees
- Scope of Services and Fees: TRP’s list of services and associated fees are detailed on the website. All rates & fees mentioned on the website are exclusive of applicable taxes. Payment must be made in full before the commencement of services. The scope of each service is limited to what is detailed on the website. Any further assistance beyond the scope will incur an additional charge.
- Payments: TRP appreciates prompt, full payment via online banking, credit card and debit card against system-generated invoices. TRP’s work will commence once the payment receipt is confirmed. TRP will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with other application fees, suggested service partners, paid workshops etc.
- Fees are Non-refundable, Non-transferable and Non-adjustable, in Whole or Part: All payments are made for a particular service and for a particular applicant. Payments are not refundable nor are they transferable to other services, to future cycles or to other family members.
- The client understands that TRP is a guidance consultant/counsellor and does not guarantee or assure interviews, admissions and/or results. Any liability that may arise out of deficiency of services or fulfilment of obligations outlined here shall be limited to the fees received from the client and shall not be more than that in any case.
Schedule & Working Hours
Please note: All dates and time given in the schedule below is as per Indian Standard Time.
- TRP’s Business Hours: TRP’s business hours are Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm Indian Standard Time. Saturday availability varies, depending on the timeframe in the application cycle.
- Scheduling Meetings: TRP team will be able to schedule appointments with you within 72 business hours.
- Public Holidays: The TRP consultants will have limited availability during the holiday season (specifically Diwali and Christmas).
- Holiday Availability:a. November Availability: TRP will NOT be available for early application-related inputs from November 2, 2021, through November 6, 2021.b. December Availability: TRP will NOT be available for application-related inputs from December 22, 2021, through January 4, 2022.
The Red Pen’s Obligations
- Guidance, Not Creation: TRP assists applicants in developing application materials including, but not limited to, essays, resumes, form inputs and letters of recommendation (if applicable). All required materials must be drafted and/or procured (in the case of letters of recommendation) by the applicant. TRP will provide strategic inputs that the applicant can implement.
- Work Plans: TRP will work with each applicant to devise a customised work plan for materials and submission. TRP sets internal finalisation deadlines, usually 7 to 10 days before the actual submission deadline, by which time all application components must be submitted for final review by TRP. TRP will not review any application components within 72 hours of the actual submission deadline.
- Communication Response Time: TRP uses email as the primary mode of communication. TRP will acknowledge phone, email or text communications as soon as possible and endeavour to provide detailed responses, if required, within 48 business hours.
- Material Turnaround Time – TRP works on a Monday to Thursday schedule. That is, materials that you submit to us by Monday morning will be reviewed and returned at the latest by close of business on Thursday. Though, we always endeavour to return materials as soon as possible, especially as submission deadlines approach, unforeseen circumstances may lead to delay.
- Client Confidentiality – Materials shared with TRP will not be shared outside the organisation. Furthermore, we do not disclose our client list or use names without permission.
- Collaborative Team Approach – TRP employs a team of highly qualified specialists who will support you in the process. You will be assigned a lead consultant who will be your primary point of contact for the duration of this service. Please ensure that you communicate effectively with him/her/them.
- Finalising Materials – To ensure the highest quality, our finalisation process is collaborative and always involves a minimum of two readers. If an applicant makes changes to materials after the finalisation, TRP will not re-evaluate this material.
The Client’s/Applicant’s Obligations
- Original Work: The applicant must draft/create materials such as resumes, institutional-specific essays and other supplemental documents for application submissions. TRP is not liable or responsible if any material submitted to an educational institution has been plagiarised in part or whole.
- Make the Most of TRP’s Feedback: Applicants are expected to thoroughly review TRP’s feedback on application materials, including suggestions, questions, proposed language changes and potential deletions. If any TRP feedback is unclear, please ask for clarification.
- Have Reasonable Expectations: Much of the work involved in preparing quality application materials/roadmaps involves deep, considered thought that requires time, space and distance. So, applicants are requested to take this into account when reviewing TRP feedback and when requesting or expecting urgent feedback or inputs.
- Email: When sending emails, please ensure to ”Reply All” or “CC” all relevant, involved parties – the applicant, guardian and TRP consultants.
- Social Media and Professional Networks: It is advisable that an applicant follows TRP’s accounts on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to access updated information pertaining to profile building, the admissions process, upcoming events, scholarships and other relevant topics.
- Satisfaction Survey and Testimonials: Upon completion of the engagement, TRP will request feedback through an online customer survey and/or by email to help improve service offerings. TRP may also request testimonials, which will be used anonymously and only upon the final approval of the applicant. Finally, TRP may also request that you serve as a reference for prospective clients.
- Maintain Confidentiality of TRP Materials: TRP develops and shares its proprietary materials for the exclusive use of applicants who have engaged the firm for education-related services that include profile building, application, advisory and related services. These materials should not be shared with anyone.
Technology and Communication Tools:
- Use of Web-based Technology Platforms: TRP’s provision of services involves the use of technology including, but not limited to Google Drive & Meet, Zoom, WhatsApp and more. Therefore, it is important that the applicant have regular and consistent access to a computer and the Internet. A smartphone with Internet access is not required but helpful. If an applicant does not have access to such technology, please let TRP know as soon as possible.
- Use Microsoft Word, not Google Docs: When editing/reviewing documents, please use Microsoft Word, turn on track changes and use the ‘comments’ feature. Please do not use Google Docs to edit/revise documents. If you do not have access to Microsoft Word, please let us know as soon as possible.
From time to time, other guidelines may be communicated and implemented to improve workflow and efficiency.