Undergraduate Admissions Consulting
As The Red Pen continues to grow its services and clients across India and around the world, we seek a Lead Consultant, Undergraduate Consulting. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in developing a career or building your skills in the education sector. The Undergraduate Consultant is responsible for end-to-end project management and advising undergraduate applicants. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and communication skills in order to assist in brainstorming, developing and editing content for our Undergraduate applicants.
The Red Pen is an independent education consulting company, helping applicants plan their education at the school, university or postgraduate levels. We also assist high schools to develop a student-focused, scalable university counseling infrastructure. We currently have approximately 100+ team members, located around the world. Most of our team members have lived, worked and/or studied outside India.
- Conducting research and suggesting programs/universities relevant to the applicant’s strengths and goals
- Comprehensive proofreading of application forms, essays, and resumes, including but not limited to structural and margin comments and in-line edits
- The ability to synthesize/ understand applicant stories/ experiences and help them translate those into written form through brainstorming sessions
- Collaborate with application consultants to help applicants conceptualize, structure, and produce polished, original essays and statements of purpose
- Guide students through effective college-specific research to identify relevant resources and offerings for reference in essays
- Conduct training for other content specialists on the team and company-wide, and provide support on an as-needed basis
- Create original content for digital and social media channels on an as-needed basis
- Organize, attend and manage events, including but not limited to essay workshops
- This role requires three skills in addition to the following: stronghold of language, education management & consulting space and writing skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and interest in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications and/or similar roles
- Fluent in written and spoken English skills; writing, editing and storytelling
- The ability to work from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday. Flexible and open to meeting with students virtually during the evenings and weekends (if needed)
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours during peak season – typically August through January
- Experience with the college admissions and college essay writing/application process
- An empathic soul and a great questioner with a strong ability to help students feel comfortable sharing and engaging in the writing process
- Adaptable to different students’ needs, personalities, motivation levels, and writing abilities
- A team player, willing to get their hands dirty in helping us enable students to achieve their goals
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up-like organization with rapid growth potential. Able to work well under pressure and challenging deadlines
- Outstanding organizational abilities with a keen eye for detail
- Maturity, polish and professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and communication skills
- Proven comfort with cloud-based software and other technological tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Internet)
- A smartphone with data connectivity and a laptop with updated operating systems, productivity software and antivirus tools
The Red Pen offers competitive remuneration, rapid learning and growth and significant and varied responsibility to exceptionally driven and motivated candidates. We provide an intellectually stimulating and empowering work environment and place a high emphasis on being an equal-opportunity employer. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being considered for the position.
Know someone who would be perfect for the job?
Share this with your network.